Tektronix 1780R Video Measurement Set
Tektronix 1780R Video Measurement
Rent me for $500 a
The Tektronix 1780R Series Video Measurement
Set offers features for precise evaluation of studio and
transmission performance. This multi-function instrument is a wide
bandwidth, multi-input, waveform/vector/SCH measurement package.
The advantages of separate waveform and vector instruments are
provided in a single rack width, 5.25 in. or 133.4 mm high package.
In addition, specific measurements take advantage of the 1780R
Series' shared waveform monitor and vectorscope internal
processing. Separate, optimized waveform and vector display CRTs
allow simultaneous monitoring of several video parameters.
- The 1780R Series provides a full menu of waveform/vector/SCH
- Four video inputs may be individually displayed or selected in
various combinations on the waveform monitor. Vector
presentations may be individually displayed, overlaid for
comparison or compared to an external reference. A fifth video
signal may be selected for individual display via the high
impedance front panel probe input.
- Internal video filters are provided for specialized
measurements. Dual and triple filter modes permit simultaneous
display of video signal spectral components. External filter use is
facilitated by an auxiliary video path.
- A selection of internal and electronic graticules and
electronic cursors permit measurements specific to many studio and
transmission system applications.
- Sweep rates and line standards are appropriate to the
instrument operating standard. An external horizontal input
facilitates ICPM measurements.
- External staircase from a camera control unit may be selected
- Slow sweep is standard in the 1780R Series. Low frequency
transient phenomena, such as bounce, are easily observed.
- A full function vectorscope configured for monitoring and
measurement of the color video signal is incorporated in the 1780R
In addition to the waveform and vector capabilities
expected in measurement quality instruments, the 1780R Series
provides significant enhancements which make measurements more
accurate and consistent.
- A precision phase control and on-screen readout allows
differential display resolution to within .05 degrees, with an
absolute accuracy of .1 degree around the full 360 degree vector
- The Tektronix double trace differential phase measurement
technique is enhanced with a digital recursive vertical filter to
permit accurate readings in the presence of noise. The display may
be overlaid with a much greater degree of accuracy. Differential
phase value is indicated by the on-screen readout.
- A double trace differential gain display is also provided.
Measurements are more repeatable. The digital recursive vertical
filter may also be used in this mode.
- Differential gain and phase may be displayed simultaneously,
side-by-side on the waveform display CRT.