New Test-Um NT950 Cat5/6 Cable Tester/Certifier
New JDSU/Test-Um NT950 Cat5/6 Cable Tester/Certifier
Rent me for $200 a month
The new Validator TM Network/Cabling Certifier measures and presents fast and clear SPEED and PERFORMANCE results up to 1 gigabit. Speed certification assures the cabling will do the job it is rated to do. Network components such as switches, hubs, routers and systems will then operate at maximum efficiency.
The included powerful Plan-Um software ties together all the different cable criteria that are found in complex voice/data/video installations and presents concise information in printed reports, while storing data for future use. Simply layout your customers requirements in a matter of minutes, then define cable types and runs. Test/certify each cable run. Print the results and attach them to your invoice. Completing and billing a cable installation job has never been easier.
NT 950 Package Contents
- Supports IEEE 802.3 data speed carrying specifications to 1 gigabit
- Measures cable length and distances to opens and shorts using advanced TDR technology
- Tests telephone, coax, security/alarm, cables for continuity, proper termination and polarity
- Tests shielded or unshielded Cat3, 5, 5E, 6
- Wiremaps individual runs to locate and identify cable routes
- Tests interconnect specifications per TIA 568/570, including opens, shorts, miswires, split pairs, etc.
- Cable Quality Tests
- NEXTAll combinations on all pairs (12)
- Channel Response
- Echo Testing (Return Loss) impedance mismatches
- Signal to Noise Ratio
- Return Loss
- Bit Error Rate (BERT)
- Measures signal quality in actual link environments that could account for cable inadequacies, such as physical installation problems, kinks, loops, physical terminations, dry shorts, or miswires.
- Store data on either a laptop/PC or in flash card memory up to 2 GB.
- Use archived info when upgrading or changing previously installed systems
- Validator Main Unit and Smart Remote
- 2 lithium ion rechargeable long-life batteries
- 2 AC adapter/charger units
- Test Connectors
- 8-position shielded modular jack (data)
- 6-position modular jack (telephone)
- F-coax (video) and dual banana jack
(security, speaker, etc.)
- USB cable assembly
- 32 Mb Compact flash card
- Plan-Um design layout software
- Cable Certification Labels, roll of 100
- Deluxe carrying case with cushioned sides