New Megger DET10C Basic Ground Resistance Clamp
Megger DET10C Basic Ground Resistance Clamp New
Available for rentals please call
The Megger DET10C Earth Resistance Clamp meter is particularly suitable for measuring earth resistance in various installations such as buildings, pylons and RF transmitter sites.
In addition, they can be used for the inspection and verification of lightening protection systems.
The Megger models DET10C and 20C measure earth/ground resistance and current flow using clamp-on technology. The instruments induce a test current into the system without the need to disturb existing connections. Either unit is a useful addition to the more traditional methods of earth/ground resistance testing that may require disconnection and the use of stakes or ground rods. Simply clamp around the conductor or stake/rod and measure the resistance to ground fast and accurately. The DET10C and 20C can also be used to measure earth/ground resistance in multiple loop installations without disconnecting the earth or ground. This allows the user to perform the test quickly and easily in total safety, with the added convenience of having a single point of measurement to read the earth/ground resistance.
Each instrument also provides a true RMS current measurement reading to better indicate potential measurement problems and provide a useful overview of the dynamics of the general earth/ground system. The units are rugged, compact and have configurable audible alarms. They also feature auto shutdown (which is also configurable), data storage and self calibration on power-up, and are supplied with a calibration loop all contained in a rugged carry case.
- Large jaw opening
- Measures Ground Resistance from 25 mohm to 1550 ohms
- Measures Ground Leakage current from 0.2 mA to 35 A
- Automatic self calibration
- Auto ranging
- High and low alarms
The DET10C has a variety of applications including:
- Use to measure resistance and continuity of grounding loops around pads and buildings.
- Use on multi-grounded systems without disconnecting the ground rod/stake under test.
- Use to measure leakage current flowing to ground or circulating in ground systems.
- Use on cell towers, RF transmitters and telecommunications sites.
- Use to inspect and verify lightning protection systems.
- Use on a variety of consumer installations, including pools, spas, etc.
- Measure shield leakage current to ground for shield continuity checks