New Instek PEL-2002 2 Channel Electronic Load Mainframe
Instek PEL-2002 2 Channel Electronic Load Mainframe
Available for leases and rentals please call
Satisfy All Your High Speed Load Simulation Needs
The New Instek PEL-2002 is a 2 channel programmable DC electronic loads with a modularized structure. The PEL-2000 Series is designed to meet the continuing shift toward high speed operation in today's semiconductor market. As the power supply units, DC-DC converters, and batteries that drive semiconductor circuits need to follow this shift, power supply design, quality inspection and
characteristic certification using high-speed performance loads have become necessary. The PEL-2000 Series includes two types of mainframes and 4 types of load modules to accommodate users requirements in a flexible manner. Any load module combination can used with a mainframe to tailor a test system based on the number of channels, and the maximum load power, voltage and current of
each channel. Multiple loads can be connected in parallel to provide a higher-power load to test higher power supply outputs. This flexibility significantly reduces the investment needed for future projects that have differed power requirements.
The PEL-2002 is a 2-slot mainframe with master control unit to hold 2 load modules. For higher load capacities, mainframes can be linked together in parallel with standard MIL 20-pin connectors. A maximum of 5 mainframes, including one master and 4 slaves can be chained together to create a total load capacity of 7kW for high current and high power applications.
- Sequence function to do high Efficient load simulations
- Flexible configuration with mainframes and plug-in modules
- Multiple independent load inputs up to 8 channels in a mainframe
- Parallel connection of inputs for increased load capacity
- Parallel connection of inputs for static and dynamic tests
- Multiple channels run for dynamic tests under one clock control
- Maximum rated power for low range high resolution CC tests
- Von setting and Von on/off for start-up Von tests
- Program mode to create work routines for repetitive tests
- OPP/OCP/OVP/OTP protections
- External channel control/monitoring via an analog control connector
- Multi-Interface USB Device / Host, RS-232C, and GPIB (Optional)
- Multi-mainframe link up to 5 mainframes in a system
The Sequence function allows each channel to change its load sink according to a predefined sequence at a rate of up to 100 s per step. Each sequence is able to run concurrently, under the control of one clock. This is one of the most powerful features of the PEL-2000 Series as it is able to realistically simulate a multi-output power supply load. Under Dynamic mode, the load current or load resistance pulses
between two preset levels at a pre-defined speed up to 25 s per step. This is often used as the standard test procedure to verify the response of a power supply to quick load changes. Most remarkably, multiple load channels can be connected in parallel to run Dynamic tests synchronously under a single clock. This Parallel Dynamic functionality gives the flexibility to perform dynamic tests for a high-power
power supply without the need of another high-power load.