New AEMC 3640 3-Point Ground Resistance Testers
AEMC 3640 3-Point Ground Resistance Testers
Available for Rental and Leases Please Call
Other probe options are available
The AEMC Digital Ground Resistance Tester Model 3640 performs ground resistance measurement. This direct reading tester measures from 10mΩ to 1999Ω, and is auto-ranging, so it automatically seeks out the optimum measurement range. The Model 3640 is easy to use - simply connect the leads, press to measure, and read. The large LCD (nearly 3/4" high) also indicates low battery status, overrange, and lead reversals. The Model 3640 comes with 3 color coded terminals to aid in easy hookup. Three LED indicators on the front panel continuously warn the user of measurement problems to ensure accurate and reliable tests. The Model 3640 is fuse protected up to 250VAC.
- Fall-of-Potential method
- Measures ground resistance (2- and 3-Point)
- Autoranging: automatically selects the optimum range
- Designed to reject high levels of noise and interference
- Extremely simple to operate: connect - press - read
- LED on faceplate informs operator of high input noise, high auxiliary rod resistance and fault connections
- Battery powered
- Rugged dustproof and rainproof field case
- Color-coded terminals
- May be used for continuity tests on bonding
- Three-point measurements for measuring resistance to ground of ground rods and grids. Three-point measurements are generally used when the electrode or grid is easily disconnected, if corrosion is suspected, or where ground faults are unlikely to occur.
- Two-point tests for continuity on bonding or on pre-established grounds. This test is commonly performed in urban environments where proper auxiliary electrode placement may be obscured by confined real estate. Measurements are referenced against a good local ground conductor.