Keithley 486 Picoammeter
Rent me for $300 a
The Keithley Model 486 is a 5 1⁄2-digit autoranging
picoammeter designed for low current applications where fast
reading rates must be made. It offers a speed of 180 readings per
second. The 486 is ideal for low-level DC current applications,
- PMT current measurements
- mass spectrometer current measurements
- probe current measurements in electrochemistry
- plasma generated currents
- ion chamber currents
Operation is fast and convenient. Selectable analog
and digital filters provide optimum wide-band performance with
minimum noise. Autoranging selects the most appropriate range
within 100ms. The measurement buffer holds up to 512 readings for
fast data acquisition. Any reading within the buffer may be
displayed, or the entire buffer may be searched for the maximum and
minimum values. Other important features include REL, which allows
measurements to be made relative to a selectable baseline. ZERO
CHECK and CORRECT functions correct for voltage offset errors using
front panel or software commands.
The IEEE-488 interface provides simple integration
and convenient user interaction. Digital calibration can be
accomplished over the bus or completely from the front panel. The
display features three selectable intensities (bright, dim, and
off) for use in light-sensitive environments.
- Dual Displays-A 10 character alphanumeric display used
for current readings and front panel messages, and a smaller 8
character alphanumeric display for front panel messages
- Zero correct - used to cancel internal offsets.
- Relative @EL) -Used to establish baselines.
- DataStore-CCanstoreupto512readings and is accessible
over the bus 01 from the front panel.
- User Programmed Default Conditions - Establish present
operating setup conditions as power-up default conditions.
- Talk-Only - From the front panel, set instrument to send
readings over the bus to a listen-only device such as a
- Built in IEEE-488 Interface