Keithley 196 System Digital Multimeter
Keithley 196 System Digital
Rent me for $125 a
Keithley builds excellent high quality products with
unmatched service and support. Keithley products meet their
The Keithley Model 196 System DMM is a five function
autoranging~ digital multimeter. At 6 1/2 digit resolution, the LED
display can display +-3,030,000 counts. The range of this
analog-to-digital (A/D) converter is greater than the normal
l,999,999 A/D converter used in many 6 1/2 digit DMMs. The built-in
IEEE-488~ interface makes the instrument fully programmable over
the IEEE-488 bus. The Model 196 can make the following basic
- DC voltage measurements from lOOnV to 3OOV.
- Resistance measurements from lOO uohm to 3OOMegaohm
- TRMS AC voltage measurements from 1pV to 300V.
- DC current measurements from lnA to 3A.
- TRMS AC current measurements from lnA to 3A.
Some important Model 196 features include:
- 10 Character Alphanumeric Display-Easy to read 14segment LEDs
used for readings and front panel messages.
- High Speed Measurement Rate-l000 readings per second.
- Zero-Used to cancel offsets or establish baselines. A zero
value can be programmed from the front panel or over the IEEE-488
- Filter-The weighted average digital filter can be set from the
front panel or over the bus.
- Data Store-Can store up to 500 readings and is accessible only
over the bus.
- Digital Calibration-The instrument may be digitally calibrated
from either the front panel or over the bus.
- User Programmable Default Condition Any instrument measurement
configuration can be established as the power-up default
- Translator Software-User defined words (stored in nonvolatile
memory) can be used to replace standard command strings over the
- Offset Compensated Ohms-Used to correct for small error
voltages in the measurement circuit.