Acterna FST-2802 Testpad
JDSU/Acterna FST-2802 Testpad
Rent me for $200 a
- Ethernet 10/100
- Ethernet 1 Gigabit
- Ethernet Vlan
The JDSU/Acterna FST-2802 is a handheld Ethernet,
Fiber Channel, and IP services test instrument designed to meet the
needs of service providers for turning up and troubleshooting these
various services. The FST-2802 enables technicians to use one test
set to turn up services ranging from 10/100 Ethernet, Gigabit
Ethernet, Fiber Channel, and IP - all from a single TestPad module!
It uses standard GBIC interfaces to operate with fiber or
- Full line rate traffic generation with variable traffic load
characteristics to stress test 10/100/21 Mbps Ethernet
- Ability to test 1.0625 and 2.125 Gbps Fibre Channel services at
100% wire speed.
- IP ping and traceroute testing for verification of network
- Ability to perform IP throughput verification and round trip
- Filtering capabilities at L2 and L3 enable users to perform
- Dual-port capability for Ethernet and Fibre Channel traffic
- BER testing at layer 1 and layer 2 for Ethernet and Fibre
- Loopback frame generation to automatically loop the far-end
test at L2 and L3.
- Remote graphical user interface (GUI) application for remote
testing via an analog modem, Ethernet LAN, 802.11, or
- Custom and preconfigured test scripts ensure that M&Ps are
- Service level agreement (SLA) verification via throughput,
frame loss, and round trip delay testing for Ethernet, Fibre
Channel, and IP services.
- Automated RFC-2544 conformance testing.
- Traffic testing with VLAN 802.1Q, 802.1p, DSCP, and TOS
- Ping and traceroute testing for verification of network
- Simultaneous testing of two independent circuits with full line
rate traffic generation.
- Microsoft Windows XP platform with easy-to-use GUI.
- Variety of applications such as web browser, PDF reader, and
- File transfer protocol (FTP) for storage and transfer of
- Connectivity methods include RS-232, USB, LAN, Bluetooth,
802.11b, and analog modem.