Gigatronics 8541C Power Meter
Gigatronics 8541C Power Meter
Rent me for $100 a month
The Gigatronics 8541C Series Universal Power Meters combine accuracy, speed, range and measurement capabilities unavailable from any other power meter. Built-in features such as power sweep calibration and frequency calibration provide an unequalled degree of measurement accuracy. Only the 8541C Series power meters have the speed and range to meet the throughput demands of high volume manufacturing. And the meters can measure the CW, peak and true average power of the complex modulated signals used in EW, radar, and communications systems.
Peak Power Measurement
You can also measure the instantaneous peak power level of a pulse modulated signal just by changing sensors. Use the sample delay function of the 8541C to set the desired measurement point on the waveform. An external oscilloscope can be used to view the pulse profile and corresponding measurement point. The extensive measurement capability of the 8541C is a result of the advanced meter architecture combined with a family of interchangeable sensors. The sensors provide different power measurement functions CW, peak and modulated over a wide dynamic range at fast measurement speeds.
- Frequency Range 100 kHz to 40 GHz, depending on sensor used
- Power Range: -70 to +47 dBm, depending on sensor used
- Choose from an extensive line of CW, Peak, Modulation and True RMS sensors
- Single Sensor Dynamic Range:
- CW Power Sensors: 90 dB (-70 to +20 dBm)
- Modulation Power Sensors: 87 dB CW, 60 to 80 dB Modulation Mode
- Peak Power Sensors: 50 dB CW, 47 dB Peak
- Linearity ± 0.02 dB
- Automatically measure average power of TDMA, GSM, and CDMA signals
- Optional Time Gating to program a measurement's start time and duration
- Achieve 500 reading per second over GPIB
- Use the Fast Buffered Mode to capture up to 4000 readings per second
- Measure the instantaneous peak power level of a pulse modulated signal
Speed to burn
Fast responding diode sensors plus innovative digital signal processing deliver high speed measurements. Achieve 500 readings per second over GPIB. Or use our exclusive fast buffered mode to further reduce processor overhead and capture up to 4,000 readings per second in CW mode. The 8541C also responds much faster to power level changes than meters using thermocouple sensors. This adds up to a huge reduction in test time and a significant increase in manufacturing throughput.
The fastest CW Measurements
Gigatronics 80300A Series CW Power Sensors let you measure CW power from10 MHz to 40 GHz at speeds up to 500 readings per second over GPIB. Measure up to 90 dB with a single sensor, and select from a variety of high power sensors, up to 50 W.
Peak Power Measurements
Attach a Gigatronics 80350A Series Peak Power Sensor to an 8541C meter and directly measure the instantaneous peak power level of a pulse modulated signal. Use the sample delay function to set the desired measurement point on the waveform. An external scope can be used to view the profile and see the exact measurement point on the pulse.