Genrad/IET 1865 Digital Megaohmmeter
Genrad/IET 1865 Digital
Rent me for $200 a
The 1865 provides resistance measurement
capability from 1kΩ to 100TΩ (test voltage dependent) with a basic
accuracy of 0.5%. To meet test requirements for a wide range of
devices, the test voltage is fully programmable up to 21V DC.
Sensing the proper resistance measurement range is done
automatically, thus eliminating setup errors; and in order to
eliminate lead or fixture errors, the operator can easily initiate
an automatic zeroing routine of test leads.
Measured results are automatically compared
to an operator programmed limit for pass/fail testing. Pass/Fail
indicator lights or a pass/fail output from the instrument's I/O
interface provide a clear indication of the measured results.
Program and Data Storage
Test setup conditions and measured results can be
stored in instrument memory or on 3 1/2" disk when using the
extended program storage option.
For automated system applications, the
instrument includes an I/O interface connection with remote start
and pass/fail outputs. An optional IEEE-488 interface is also
available which enables the 1865 to be used under computer
Current Display Mode
Besides a readout of insulation resistance
in ohms, the operator can select a display mode for reading the
measured current directly.
The 1865 provides safety features such as current
limiting, a warning indicator when high voltage is active, and
safety interlock, all for protection of the operator.
Component Test Fixture
An accessory fixture is available for use
with the 1865 which accommodates a variety of component types,
including radial, axial and chip components. It's shielded case
reduces electrical noise and interference and includes a cover
interlock switch and remote start for maximum operator safety.
- Measurements from 1kΩ to 100TΩ, with Auto Ranging
- Direct Reading of Measured Resistance or Current
- 0.5% Basic Measurement Accuracy
- Programmable Test Voltage from 1 to 21VDC
- Large LCD Display for Menu Programming and Test Results
- Fully Programmable Measure Cycle Times
- Averaging for Increased Accuracy
- Storage of Multiple Test Setups for Quick Startup
- RS-232 and PLC Interfaces Standard, IEEE-488 Optional
- Keypad Lockout with Password Protection
- Automatic Test Lead Zeroing To Eliminate Connection Errors
- Limit Entry for Pass/Fail Testing
- Safety Interlock and High Voltage Indicator for Operator
- For precision high resistance measurements over a wide voltage
- For automated testing requiring remote start and pass/fail
- To data log test results via RS-232 or IEEE-488 interface
- To transport test results to an Excel spread sheet via 3 ½