Fiber Owl Optical Power Meter
Fiber OWL Fiber Optic Test Kit
Rent me for $250 a Month
Fiber optic power meter with two dual wavelength sources for both single and multimode
A fiber optic kit consisting of optical power meter FO-2+, singlemode source LO-1 at 1310 and 1550 nm and a multimode source DO-1 at 850 and 1300 nm. Has ST connectors on sources and an OWL ST push on connector on the Power Meter.
The Fiber OWL 2 is a high accuracy, high resolution, microprocessor controlled, optical power meter. The meter has a 75dB dynamic range making it ideal for both single and multi-mode fiber testing.It has an attractive handheld case made from high impact Valox plastic, a large, backlit, graphic, liquid crystal display, and 18-key keypad for easy data entry. The universal fiber adapter accepts both ST, SC, and FC connectors. It will operate for over 200 hrs on a standard 9v battery and has built in auto shutdown.The Fiber OWL 2 includes a built in loss wizard that helps you easily calculate the allowable loss for the fiber runs that you will be measuring. The meter stores physical fiber information for up to eight sites. Site information includes: site name, date, fiber type, fiber length, connectors, splices, temperature, and calculated or user -defined reference power values. In addition the meter will store up to 900 measured data points with labels. Each value includes the fiber type and site.The stored information can be selectively viewed, edited (measured again), printed, or deleted. The meter will print formatted reports of selected stored data directly using the built in serial port, or all of the stored data can be downloaded to a computer spreadsheet or our free OWL Reporter software to produce formatted certification reports.
- 2mm Germanium photodetector with universal 2.5mm (ST, SC, or FC) or 1.25mm universal (LC) adapters
- Extended range and high power versions available
- Large backlit 3 x 1.75 in. graphic LCD display
- Long battery life - over 200hrs on one 9v battery
- Data storage for up to 900 data points
- Built in loss wizard for calculation of maximum allowable loss values
- RS-232 interface for continuous data logging, report printing, or data downloading
- Each value OWL Reporter software for printing formatted fiber certification reports
- Absolute or relative mode for giving you instant pass/fail results
- Selectively view, delete or resample data points