Bird 43 Portable Wattmeter
Bird 43 Portable
Available for rentals Please
Requires additional slugs for measurement. Price is without
slugs required for operation
The Bird Model 43 THRULINE® Directional Wattmeter is a
field-proven portable, insertion-type instrument designed to
measure both forward and reflected CW power in coaxial transmission
lines under any load condition. With a full-scale accuracy of ± 5%,
it accurately measures RF power with low added VSWR and insertion
loss. QC (quick change) type connectors and a full range of plug-in
elements provide a wide choice of frequency ranges and power levels
giving the Bird Model 43 amazing flexibility. Two extra elements
can be stored in the housing, one on each side. The Bird Model 43
is easy to use and simple to service in the field.
The 43 is an insertion-type RF wattmeter, designed
to measure RF power and load match in 50 ohm coaxial transmission
lines. It is intended for use with CW, AM, FM, and TV modulation,
but not pulse modulation. When used in 50 ohm applications, the 43
has a maximum VSWR of 1.05 for frequencies up to 21 MHz. The
meter provides direct readings in watts with an expanded scale for
easy reading. The scale is graduated for 25, 50, and 100 full
scale. Elements are available in a variety of power and frequency
ranges (see the Bird Electronic Corporation Catalog for
- Accurate CW field power measurement over 450 kHz to 2.7 GHz and
100 mW to 10 KW.
- Uses industry standard Bird elements with space to store 2
additional within the meter housing.
- Rugged metal housing for the most demanding environments.
- Quick Change (QC) connectors to minimize the need for adaptors
when making critical measurements.
- Accuracy :±5% of full scale
- Connector: QC Type (Female N normally supplied)
- Insertion VSWR with N connectors 1.05 max. to 21 MHz
- Power Range: 100 mW to 10 kW using Bird Plug-In Elements