Agilent/HP J2300D with J3444A Internet Advisor
Agilent/HP J2300D with J3444A
Rent me for $600 a
May require an undercradle or a plug in module for your
The Agilent/HP J2300D mainframe comprises the
acquisition system for all ATM and WAN plug-in modules plus the V
series interfaces, connectors for which are located on the body of
the mainframe. In addition, the mainframe includes a full PC
running the Microsoft® Windows98® operating system on a 300 MHz
processor, a built in keyboard with pointing device, a Super VGA
active color display, dual PCMCIA card slots, stereo speakers and
the usual printer and serial ports. The PC is used to control the
mainframe acquisition system and the acquisition system in any
attached undercradle, and to collect and post process results. Note
that the PC is not used for real-time processing of measurements .
this is all done in the acquisition system and plug-in modules.
This allows the PC to handle multiple tasks such as the Dual
Simultaneous Analysis feature which involves the simultaneous
control of the mainframe acquisition system and attached
undercradles, as discussed later.
- Internet Advisor WAN Complete protocol analysis for WAN testing
with a powerful and rugged personal computer.
- Monitor all major WAN communication protocols from 50 bps to
- Protocols: frame relay, ATM, ISDN, X.25, HDLC, SDLC, SNA, async
PPP and encapsulated LAN protocols running over the wide area
- All major WAN interfaces built in: RS-232C / V.24, RS-449 / 422
/ 423, V.10/V.11 and V.35 (some optional)
- Full RS-232C/V.24 Breakout Box
- Data Rates for All Monitoring Simulation and BERT: any speed
from 50 b/s to 2.048 Mb/s
- Data Analysis Memory: 768 KB capture buffer, 128 KB nonvolatile
RAM and 1.44 MB floppy.
- 300 MHz processor
- 3 GByte hard drive
- 1.44 Mbyte floppy disk, pointing device, serial & parallel
- Two PC card (Type I/II) slots for modem or NIC (network
- 640 x 480 VGA 10.4" color active matrix display, ext. monitor
monitor support Side
- Plug-Ins: ISDN BRI and PRI, T1, DS-1 / E1, DS-3 / E3 and OC-3c
- Undercradles: LAN, Ethernet, switched Ethernet, Fast Ethernet,
Gigabit Ethernet, FDDI and token-ring
The Agilent/HP J2300D Internet Advisor has the
ability to test two different interfaces and technologies
simultaneously, e.g. E1 Frame Relay and E3 ATM, DS3 Frame Relay and
10/100 Mbps Ethernet, ATM25 and OC-3c ATM, etc. This functionality
lets you to test interworking in mixed technology environments. In
order to perform dual simultaneous analysis, combinations of an
Advisor mainframe (J2300D or J3446D) and an undercradle (J3444A or
J2900A) is required, the mainframe and undercradle being each
supported by an application (LAN, WAN or ATM) running on the PC
embedded in the mainframe. Note that the applications do not have
to be different so, for example, a J2300D Advisor mainframe fitted
with a J2900A High Speed undercradle could each be fitted with the
same type of ATM or WAN interface and be run simultaneously . e.g.
two J3766A ATM25 interface modules.