AEMC 3731 Clamp-On Ground Resistance Tester
Rent me for $250 a month
The Clamp-on Ground Resistance Tester Model 3731 measures ground rod and small grid resistance through any season, without the use of auxiliary ground rods. Clamp-on Ground Resistance Testers are used in multi-grounded systems without disconnecting the ground under test. The Model 3731 simply clamps around the ground conductor or rod and measures the resistance to ground. By performing measurements on intact ground systems, the user also verifies the quality of the grounding connections and bonds. Resistance and continuity of grounding loops around pads and buildings may also be measured. The Model 3731 also provides alarm and memory functions.
- Simple and fast clamp-on operation - no leads, no auxiliary rods or spacing requirements. No need to disconnect neutral service
- Direct reading of ground resistance from 0.01 ohm to 1200 ohms
- Direct reading of continuity and ground loop resistance
- Direct reading of ground leakage or phase current from 1 mA to 30 Arms
- Jaw design with large 1.25" (32mm) window - accommodates up to 21MCM cables
- Auto-off for power management
- Alarm function with adjustable set point and buzzer for quick field checks
- Memory function to store 99 field measurements for later retrieval
- CE Mark and UL approved
- Rugged Lexan head and body construction resists breakage
- Alarm settings and stored memory information saved during shutdown
- Patented design
- Measure electrical ground rod and grid resistance
- Use on multi-grounded systems without disconnecting the ground rod under test
- Measure resistance and continuity of grounding loops around pads and buildings
- Measure leakage current flowing to ground or circulating in ground systems
- Conduct field surveys and retrieve and analyze readings at a later time
- Use on cell towers and telecommunication sites
- Use on pools, spas and other consumer installations
The AEMC 3731 include a current measurement function. The probe's high sensitivity enables measurement of leakage current flowing to ground or circulating in ground loops down to 1mA and neutral currents to 30Arms. This feature provides additional information which is becoming vital as distribution ground networks carry higher levels of noise and harmonics, which affect power quality.
The Model 3731 offers an alarm function and a memory (logging) function. In the alarm mode, the probe will audibly and visually indicate if the reading is beyond an input set point. The user may also have the alarm initiated above or below the set point. This alarm feature permits quick field checks where only pass or fail readings will suffice .