Adtech/Spirent Smartbits SMB-2000 20 Channel
Adtech/Spirent Smartbits SMB-2000
20 Channel Mainframe
Rent me for $500 a
Includes 20 ML-7710 Ethernet
Spirent Communications¿ SmartBits 2000 (SMB-2000)
has become the industry standard for measuring the performance
limits of everything from an emerging technology in a development
lab to the largest enterprise network. The SMB-2000 is widely used
to test a variety of network devices and complex network
configurations, including 10/100 Mbps Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet,
ATM, and Frame Relay.
Each SMB-2000 chassis can be configured with any
combination of up to 20 single-port SmartCards. SMB-2000 test
systems are completely scaleable and may be grouped to support 640
ports with local or remote control over the Internet.
The SMB-2000 is Designed for:
- Network Equipment Manufacturers: Perform comprehensive
performance analysis for engineering, production, and QA
- Evaluation Labs: Test and certify different devices from
various manufacturers to benchmark their performance.
- Telcos and ISPs: Perform end-to-end testing to check for
trouble spots and weaknesses.
- Enterprise Users: Test end-to-end performance to monitor
throughput and prevent overload.
- Accommodates a comprehensive set of powerful, technology-based
SmartCards for Ethernet, ATM, and Frame Relay.
- Bundled with three PC-based software applications for
comprehensive performance analysis (SmartWindow¿, SmartLib¿, and
- Supports a 10 Mbps Ethernet connection to a host PC. Provides
remote control through the Internet. Can also be controlled via an
- Provides GPS Support. You can remotely synchronize the timing
mechanism of multiple chassis by using the external GPS kit. This
allows accurate measurement of one-way latency and jitter, 100-ns
accuracy time stamps, and system start/stop.
- One workstation can control up to eight SmartBits stacks (32
chassis with a total of 640 ports) via SmartLib.
- Multiple users can simultaneously access the SMB-2000.
- Includes RJ-45 expansion-in and expansion-out jacks.
- Accepts external 10 MHz clock signals.
- Up to 512 chassis can be synchronously connected by using
SmartBits multi-chassis extension units.
- AST II¿
- SmartCableModem Test ¿
- SmartLib¿ Programming Library
- Turn Up Connect¿